Re: [MedievalSawdust] New members

  • marc adkins
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1 9:37 AM

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 7:14 AM
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] New members

      --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

      > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
      > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
      > carry away for free??
      > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

      you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
      up cheap aren't you....

      Actually the post was tounge in cheek. I understand that my sense of humor can escapesome people. I am not jealous of anybody that finds a really good deal on anything.

      I was thinking something for the 300th member.

      Like an rescued old tool or something....
      Sounds good to me, matter of fact that sounds like a wonderful idea.
      So if I unsubscribe and resubscruibe using a new screen name I become eligable For this tool. :)
      =====
      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

    • Mark Flebotte
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 2 10:33 AM
        My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

        Mark
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 2 10:52 AM

          And you are WHERE?

          Bill McNutt

          Technology Coordinator

          Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 2 12:43 PM
            Just a reminder:

            We are having a meet and greet gathering that I hope will be too quiet
            and conversational to be referred to as a "party" down in the Bog
            Thursday evening of War Week at House Wild Rose Encampment. I've
            received an RSVP from about 15 - 20 people, including an exciting number
            of our "notables," so I hope everyone will come down and put faces to
            names and talk shop.

            Our gathering remains an after-supper t'ing, so please eat before coming
            down. I will try to work out some finger food, but my budget is zero.
            I will provide iced tea, because that's a Meridian thing. Please bring
            your own libation of choice. If you brought enough to pass around, I'm
            sure no one would object.

            Some guys have suggested a show-and-tell, so if you want to bring
            projects, they're welcome. Or portfolios, as they are easier to schlep
            down to the Bog.

            We'll meet around 8:30 and chat until we get bored and wander off, or
            until the Fighting starts on Friday, whichever comes first.

            We are located in region E24, down in "The Bog."

            Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
            might help you spot us.

            http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm

            Directions are as follows:
            1. At troll, place your back to the battlefield.
            2. Go toward the Highway until you come to the first intersection.
            3. Turn right. I THINK that this will put you on Brewer's Road.
            4. Continue down Brewers Road, and cross "Low Road."
            5. You should pass East Kingdom Royal on your right.
            6. Continue up the area some call "Horde Hill," (Also formerly
            known as "Old Tuchuck Hill." You will pass the Barony of Whitewater
            on your left and eventually you will pass between the camps of Dark
            Horde Moritu and Dark Horde (Classic).
            7. Eventually, Brewer's Road will end on the Great Eastern Highway. At
            this point, at least, the Great Eastern Highway is he "road that goes
            around the lake." Bear left onto the Great Eastern Highway.
            You will be able to see Vlad's Pleasure Pavilion from here, but I don't
            know that you actually go right by it. The topology is a little funky.
            8. Continue down the Great Eastern Highway. You will pass Clanne
            Prechanne on your left. There will be a small, very short cut road on
            the right with no name. We will be the first camp on the right after
            that.

            Landmarks:
            We are camped at the foot of the dike that holds in Cooper's Lake. If
            you get to Camp Wolf Den or Abandon Hope Road, you've gone just a hair
            too far. Our camp is decorated in the fashion of a Tudor rose garden,
            and has a trellis gate in the front, festooned with roses. Our common
            tent is a large 20'x 20' rigid frame with a white roof.

            Our land agent has placed a color-coded map of E24 on her web site that
            may help you get your bearings. I'm looking forward to meeting
            everybody.

            http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/PennsicE24.htm

            Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
            might help you spot us.

            http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm
          • C N Schwartz
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 2 5:33 PM
              I assume that is 8:30 AM on Friday, not PM...

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Mark Flebotte
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 2 6:39 PM
                I live in southern Alberta, Canada about 1 hour east of Calgary. The mill I deal with ships anywhere in the world though... but shipping can be expensive very quickly.

                Mark
                Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

                My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

                Mark

                Course knowing my luck the oak and Walnut is in the form of roughcut
                10x12's 30 foot long! Take all ya can carry :)

                Saw some oak timbers this size and bigger a while back, seasoned and
                hard as steel. two people could move one with rollers but forbid that
                puppy got going to fast

                cya
                mighel

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, MacGregorsCairn@a... wrote:

                > >  Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily carry away
                for free??
                > >  Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

              • Nest verch Tangwistel
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 2 7:00 PM
                  Actually it is 8:30 pm on Thursday night. He was being a little funny
                  about not finishing until the next morning.

                  Nest

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 31 7:35 PM
                    Um, no. I appear to have been imprecise. Our gathering is after
                    supper, in the evening, at 8:30 PM, after Meridian court.

                    Will

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 31 7:36 PM
                      Yes, apparently very little.

                      Will