Re: [MedievalSawdust] New members

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004
      --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

      > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
      > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
      > carry away for free??
      > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

      you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
      up cheap aren't you....

      I was thinking something for the 300th member.

      Like an rescued old tool or something....

      or ( a thought right after I hit send )
      a new hand made tool of a older period design?

      =====
      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • marc adkins
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004

        > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
        > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
        > carry away for free??
        > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

        you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
        up cheap aren't you....

        Actually the post was tounge in cheek. I understand that my sense of humor can escapesome people. I am not jealous of anybody that finds a really good deal on anything.

        I was thinking something for the 300th member.

        Like an rescued old tool or something....
        Sounds good to me, matter of fact that sounds like a wonderful idea.
        So if I unsubscribe and resubscruibe using a new screen name I become eligable For this tool. :)
        =====
        Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
        Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

      • marc adkins
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004

          a new hand made tool of a older period design?

          That will work as well.
          Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

          =====
          Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

        • Mark Flebotte
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
            My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

            Mark
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004

              And you are WHERE?

              Bill McNutt

              Technology Coordinator

              Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                Just a reminder:

                We are having a meet and greet gathering that I hope will be too quiet
                and conversational to be referred to as a "party" down in the Bog
                Thursday evening of War Week at House Wild Rose Encampment. I've
                received an RSVP from about 15 - 20 people, including an exciting number
                of our "notables," so I hope everyone will come down and put faces to
                names and talk shop.

                Our gathering remains an after-supper t'ing, so please eat before coming
                down. I will try to work out some finger food, but my budget is zero.
                I will provide iced tea, because that's a Meridian thing. Please bring
                your own libation of choice. If you brought enough to pass around, I'm
                sure no one would object.

                Some guys have suggested a show-and-tell, so if you want to bring
                projects, they're welcome. Or portfolios, as they are easier to schlep
                down to the Bog.

                We'll meet around 8:30 and chat until we get bored and wander off, or
                until the Fighting starts on Friday, whichever comes first.

                We are located in region E24, down in "The Bog."

                Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
                might help you spot us.

                http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm

                Directions are as follows:
                1. At troll, place your back to the battlefield.
                2. Go toward the Highway until you come to the first intersection.
                3. Turn right. I THINK that this will put you on Brewer's Road.
                4. Continue down Brewers Road, and cross "Low Road."
                5. You should pass East Kingdom Royal on your right.
                6. Continue up the area some call "Horde Hill," (Also formerly
                known as "Old Tuchuck Hill." You will pass the Barony of Whitewater
                on your left and eventually you will pass between the camps of Dark
                Horde Moritu and Dark Horde (Classic).
                7. Eventually, Brewer's Road will end on the Great Eastern Highway. At
                this point, at least, the Great Eastern Highway is he "road that goes
                around the lake." Bear left onto the Great Eastern Highway.
                You will be able to see Vlad's Pleasure Pavilion from here, but I don't
                know that you actually go right by it. The topology is a little funky.
                8. Continue down the Great Eastern Highway. You will pass Clanne
                Prechanne on your left. There will be a small, very short cut road on
                the right with no name. We will be the first camp on the right after
                that.

                Landmarks:
                We are camped at the foot of the dike that holds in Cooper's Lake. If
                you get to Camp Wolf Den or Abandon Hope Road, you've gone just a hair
                too far. Our camp is decorated in the fashion of a Tudor rose garden,
                and has a trellis gate in the front, festooned with roses. Our common
                tent is a large 20'x 20' rigid frame with a white roof.

                Our land agent has placed a color-coded map of E24 on her web site that
                may help you get your bearings. I'm looking forward to meeting
                everybody.

                http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/PennsicE24.htm

                Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
                might help you spot us.

                http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm
              • C N Schwartz
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                  I assume that is 8:30 AM on Friday, not PM...

[...]

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Mark Flebotte
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                    I live in southern Alberta, Canada about 1 hour east of Calgary. The mill I deal with ships anywhere in the world though... but shipping can be expensive very quickly.

                    Mark
                    Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

                    My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

                    Mark

                    Course knowing my luck the oak and Walnut is in the form of roughcut
                    10x12's 30 foot long! Take all ya can carry :)

                    Saw some oak timbers this size and bigger a while back, seasoned and
                    hard as steel. two people could move one with rollers but forbid that
                    puppy got going to fast

                    cya
                    mighel

                    --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, MacGregorsCairn@a... wrote:

                    > >  Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily carry away
                    for free??
                    > >  Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                  • Nest verch Tangwistel
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                      Actually it is 8:30 pm on Thursday night. He was being a little funny
                      about not finishing until the next morning.

                      Nest

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 31, 2004
                        Um, no. I appear to have been imprecise. Our gathering is after
                        supper, in the evening, at 8:30 PM, after Meridian court.

                        Will

                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 31, 2004
                          Yes, apparently very little.

                          Will