New members

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 30, 2004
      If you are interested...

      We get 11 more members and we hit 300!

      ( that's 289 for those math challenged
      individuals on the list... )

      Should we do something to celebrate
      when we hit 300?

      500?

      =====
      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 30, 2004
        Each member should tell about their most current project/new thing they just
        learned/discovered.

        James Cunningham
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 30, 2004
          Do I have to wait, or can I share now?

          Maeryk

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 31, 2004
            Free food and Booze for the list members ?
            Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily carry away for free??
            Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 31, 2004
              In a message dated 7/31/2004 8:18:14 PM Central Daylight Time, Winkleried@... writes:

              Free food and Booze for the list members ?

              Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily carry away for free??
              Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

              Both viable options (to my discerning eye), but would settle for anything better then pine...

              Lochlainn
            • matchstc
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 31, 2004
                Course knowing my luck the oak and Walnut is in the form of roughcut
                10x12's 30 foot long! Take all ya can carry :)

                Saw some oak timbers this size and bigger a while back, seasoned and
                hard as steel. two people could move one with rollers but forbid that
                puppy got going to fast

                cya
                mighel

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004
                  --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

                  > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
                  > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
                  > carry away for free??
                  > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                  you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
                  up cheap aren't you....

                  I was thinking something for the 300th member.

                  Like an rescued old tool or something....

                  =====
                  Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                  Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

                  http://messenger.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004
                    --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

                    > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
                    > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
                    > carry away for free??
                    > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                    you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
                    up cheap aren't you....

                    I was thinking something for the 300th member.

                    Like an rescued old tool or something....

                    or ( a thought right after I hit send )
                    a new hand made tool of a older period design?

                    =====
                    Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                    Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • marc adkins
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004

                      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 7:14 AM

                      --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

                      > Free food and Booze for the list members ?
                      > Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily
                      > carry away for free??
                      > Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                      you'er still jealous of all that Oak I picked
                      up cheap aren't you....

                      Actually the post was tounge in cheek. I understand that my sense of humor can escapesome people. I am not jealous of anybody that finds a really good deal on anything.

                      I was thinking something for the 300th member.

                      Like an rescued old tool or something....
                      Sounds good to me, matter of fact that sounds like a wonderful idea.
                      So if I unsubscribe and resubscruibe using a new screen name I become eligable For this tool. :)
                      =====
                      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

                    • marc adkins
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 1, 2004

                        Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 7:15 AM

                        --- marc adkins <Winkleried@...> wrote:

                        or ( a thought right after I hit send )
                        a new hand made tool of a older period design?

                        That will work as well.
                        Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                        =====
                        Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                        Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

                      • Mark Flebotte
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                          My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

                          Mark

                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004

                            And you are WHERE?

                            Bill McNutt

                            Technology Coordinator

                            Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                              Just a reminder:

                              We are having a meet and greet gathering that I hope will be too quiet
                              and conversational to be referred to as a "party" down in the Bog
                              Thursday evening of War Week at House Wild Rose Encampment. I've
                              received an RSVP from about 15 - 20 people, including an exciting number
                              of our "notables," so I hope everyone will come down and put faces to
                              names and talk shop.

                              Our gathering remains an after-supper t'ing, so please eat before coming
                              down. I will try to work out some finger food, but my budget is zero.
                              I will provide iced tea, because that's a Meridian thing. Please bring
                              your own libation of choice. If you brought enough to pass around, I'm
                              sure no one would object.

                              Some guys have suggested a show-and-tell, so if you want to bring
                              projects, they're welcome. Or portfolios, as they are easier to schlep
                              down to the Bog.

                              We'll meet around 8:30 and chat until we get bored and wander off, or
                              until the Fighting starts on Friday, whichever comes first.

                              We are located in region E24, down in "The Bog."

                              Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
                              might help you spot us.

                              http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm

                              Directions are as follows:
                              1. At troll, place your back to the battlefield.
                              2. Go toward the Highway until you come to the first intersection.
                              3. Turn right. I THINK that this will put you on Brewer's Road.
                              4. Continue down Brewers Road, and cross "Low Road."
                              5. You should pass East Kingdom Royal on your right.
                              6. Continue up the area some call "Horde Hill," (Also formerly
                              known as "Old Tuchuck Hill." You will pass the Barony of Whitewater
                              on your left and eventually you will pass between the camps of Dark
                              Horde Moritu and Dark Horde (Classic).
                              7. Eventually, Brewer's Road will end on the Great Eastern Highway. At
                              this point, at least, the Great Eastern Highway is he "road that goes
                              around the lake." Bear left onto the Great Eastern Highway.
                              You will be able to see Vlad's Pleasure Pavilion from here, but I don't
                              know that you actually go right by it. The topology is a little funky.
                              8. Continue down the Great Eastern Highway. You will pass Clanne
                              Prechanne on your left. There will be a small, very short cut road on
                              the right with no name. We will be the first camp on the right after
                              that.

                              Landmarks:
                              We are camped at the foot of the dike that holds in Cooper's Lake. If
                              you get to Camp Wolf Den or Abandon Hope Road, you've gone just a hair
                              too far. Our camp is decorated in the fashion of a Tudor rose garden,
                              and has a trellis gate in the front, festooned with roses. Our common
                              tent is a large 20'x 20' rigid frame with a white roof.

                              Our land agent has placed a color-coded map of E24 on her web site that
                              may help you get your bearings. I'm looking forward to meeting
                              everybody.

                              http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/PennsicE24.htm

                              Bonus: I've found some pictures of our camp from Pennsic XXXI that
                              might help you spot us.

                              http://webpages.charter.net/wildrose/pennsicpics.htm
                            • C N Schwartz
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                                I assume that is 8:30 AM on Friday, not PM...

[...]

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Mark Flebotte
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                                  I live in southern Alberta, Canada about 1 hour east of Calgary. The mill I deal with ships anywhere in the world though... but shipping can be expensive very quickly.

                                  Mark
                                  Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

                                  My new load of beams showed up on friday, yes 2 people can carry a 20' long 6" x 6" board but not far.  On a related note I found a small family owned mill about 2 hours away from my house that specializes in pine and fir beams. They can do some huge beams (they had a pile of 18" x 18" x 43' long beams being loaded when I was there on friday, the sad part was they are for "decoration" on the front of houses being built in texas and not ever going to be used for structural uses. What a waste. Anyways $30 canadian is what I paid per 6"x6" x 20' long board .

                                  Mark

                                  Course knowing my luck the oak and Walnut is in the form of roughcut
                                  10x12's 30 foot long! Take all ya can carry :)

                                  Saw some oak timbers this size and bigger a while back, seasoned and
                                  hard as steel. two people could move one with rollers but forbid that
                                  puppy got going to fast

                                  cya
                                  mighel

                                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, MacGregorsCairn@a... wrote:

                                  > >  Or how about all the oak and walnut you can bodily carry away
                                  for free??
                                  > >  Ld. Wilhelm von Winkleried

                                • Nest verch Tangwistel
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 2, 2004
                                    Actually it is 8:30 pm on Thursday night. He was being a little funny
                                    about not finishing until the next morning.

                                    Nest

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 31, 2004
                                      Um, no. I appear to have been imprecise. Our gathering is after
                                      supper, in the evening, at 8:30 PM, after Meridian court.

                                      Will

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Aug 31, 2004
                                        Yes, apparently very little.

                                        Will