wood

  • Omer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
          Fort Yargo park where we are working on the fort is talking about removing the old barn behind the office before it falls.  It is around 150 years old post and beam.  I am trying to get them to sell the wood themselves and not to a lumber company that will get all the profit.  Think anyone would want some wood at a good price.  Most of it is hart pine.

          Omer
    • Omer
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
           And while talking of wood types.  Storms do have some finer points.  A large Oak came down in my woodworking partners grandmothers yard.  Sad as may be we must clear it.  Loaded and carted off one truck load last weekend.  As yet we have not started on the trunk, about 4' or so thick.  This thing was standing on the edge of her yard and when it fell went completely across and into the neighbors.  I think I see some tables and chairs.

            Come to think of it this thing is too big for us to deal with ourselves.  Should any of you live in Ga. and wish to help you may have an equal share.  Let me know and we can set something up.

            Omer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004

          Hmmm. . . “Georgia” covers a lot of acreage.  It this “so far up in North Georgia it’s a 90 minute drive to TN,” or “so far down in South Georgia you can smell the ocean?”

          Will