mother in law = broken tools

  • Mark Flebotte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
      I have a piece of advice for all of you out there...... never ever ever let your mother-in-law into your shop.

      My Mother in law was borrowing my shop to stain/varnish the new table I made her for her living room. Well she comes to me and says it took me forever to find a screw driver to pry open my can of stain. So I mention that she must have looked in the top drawer of the tool chest, she says no she used the one on my work bench..... the one with the plastic cover on the tip....
      well that was one of my favorite chisels for rough detail work, 1/4" wide chisel razor sharp it pretty much shot now and I don't think I'll ever get the bend in the shaft out or be fully able to grind the chips out of the tip.

      Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004

        My variant on that is never allow ANYONE in the shop unsupervised.

        Unfortunately, I share my shop with my father, and he owns 40% of the benchtop tools.

        Will