Re: [medievalsawdust] Architecture...

  • jrwinkler@msn.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2002
      I don't know if any work is still going on with it… but for years the National Cathedral in Wash. D.C. (which was being built in a true gothic method…) had an apprentice program in masonry and stone work and various of the other trades involved in constructing such a thing.… I seem to remember that there is a similar project going on in New York… but can't for the life of me remember where or any of the details on it.

      Chas.

    • Joseph Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2002
        --- jrwinkler@... wrote:
        > I seem to remember that there is a similar project going on
        > in New York. but can't for the life of me remember where or any of
        > the details on it.

        You may want to contact the guy at http://www.newyorkcarver.com His
        web site says he worked in the stoneyard of The Cathedral of St. John
        the Divine until it closed in 1991.

        Ulrich

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com