Architecture...

  • Robert <rdehwyll@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2002
      Does anyone know of any place in the United States where a
      person can learn, hands-on, medieval and renaissance
      architectural construction methods? I don't mean just Timber
      framing, but all forms of construction -- masonry, stonework,
      timber framing, wattle and daub, plastering, brickwork...
      everything.
    • jrwinkler@msn.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2002
        I don't know if any work is still going on with it… but for years the National Cathedral in Wash. D.C. (which was being built in a true gothic method…) had an apprentice program in masonry and stone work and various of the other trades involved in constructing such a thing.… I seem to remember that there is a similar project going on in New York… but can't for the life of me remember where or any of the details on it.

        Chas.

      • Joseph Hayes
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2002
          --- jrwinkler@... wrote:
          > I seem to remember that there is a similar project going on
          > in New York. but can't for the life of me remember where or any of
          > the details on it.

          You may want to contact the guy at http://www.newyorkcarver.com His
          web site says he worked in the stoneyard of The Cathedral of St. John
          the Divine until it closed in 1991.

          Ulrich

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com