RE: [MedievalSawdust] Digest #508 -tent poles

  • Dark One
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004
      >From: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      >Date: 23 Jul 2004 09:46:54 -0000
      Message: 8
      Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:58:32 -0400
      From: "James W. Pratt, Jr." <cunning@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Mongols personas etc

      >I was hopping someone would get around to the new single pole umbrella(sp)
      >pavilions. Or some new ways to make better tent poles. Or tent pole
      >connectors(things that join two parts of the poles togeth).
      >James Cunningham

      My last order of pultruded fiberglass pikes netted me some extras that were
      too thin walled to use for piking. I intend to use these as tent poles! they
      are light, strong, and flexable. They also happen to be white, though they
      can be ordered in various colours. I am going to reinforce the ends (so they
      don't crush) with wood dowling for about 4" or so, and cap the bottems.

      they have 8 inches of wood in them. Does that count? ;)

      Aleron

      -=# Appearances to the contrary, the world is governed in secret by a
      super-powerful cabal of fabulously wealthy occultists.
      A) true
      B) false
      C) what do you mean 'appearances to the contrary'?
      -HPLHS SaniTest (TM) assessment @...
      #=-

      Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
      stationery, fonts and colors.
      first two months FREE*.