Photo storage limits

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
      We have reached 94% of our storage limit
      for the photo page on the yahoo group.

      Does anyone have any ideas for more space?

      or do we need to clean out some of the
      older photos?

      We could start a second and use it just
      to double the photo storage space, but I'd
      bet we would overlook photos that way....

      Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

      =====
      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • B.S.R.Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2004
        A few suggestions:

        Everyone who has pictures posted, go in & delete the full sized image.
        Yahoo only lets the rest of us see a reduced size copy anyhow, but keeps a
        'full sized ' copy for you to look at, which counts against the limit. Put
        a relevant blurb/caption with each pic, so people know what they are
        looking at - Is it a copy?, where is it?

        Reference pictures - ie. 'Period' art and items in Museums could be put in
        folders in the 'Files' area, labeled as to the contents - such as chests,
        tables, trestles - not "Phred's Photo's". Using the 'Files' area for
        relevant material gives another 20 meg. or so to go with the 30 meg in the
        Photo section.

        If you have the same pictures up on your own site, just post a link instead
        of duplicating the photo's. You can get a 'Yahoo' members photo album to
        stick an individual 30 Meg or so of pic's in, just reference it instead.
        You still get to put a blurb with the link.

        regards
        Brusi