Re: [medievalsawdust] New members and...

  • Fred Newtz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2002
      Well, I guess I am obviously a new member here. I have limited
      experience working with wood, but I have done my fair share. Mainly
      carpentry type stuff on the house. My grandfather loved working with wood
      and he built several toys for me and was working on a line of bracelets that
      he was turning on the lathe before he died in 1986. Now I have acquired his
      equipment and would like to put them to good use.

      I have always been interested in medieval type stuff and thought this
      would be a good place to find some old wood working techniques or just some
      wood working plans that will fit the styles I like. I have cut down some
      trees in the backyard to give some light so I can plant a small vegetable
      garden. I fell bad already for cutting down the trees, so I wanted to
      atleast turn them in to some furniture. Or other items that I can use. And
      some items for my wife. :-)

      Thanks,

      Fred