Re: [MedievalSawdust]

  • Craig Robert Pierpont
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Ulrich,
        If you've got the lathe forget the tool. Once you've done it a few times you will do it faster by hand than with some special tool and it will take you less time to learn to do it by hand than it will take you to find and buy and then learn to set up and use the tool.
          Craig Robert

      Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Joseph Hayes
      Subject: Tool for round tenons?

      The stool thread has got me thinking about something I saw a while back
      on TV....

      Has anyone ever seen a tool you can chuck in you lathe to make round
      tenons of a specific size? Kinda works like a pencil sharpener, but
      you hold the wood and the cutter goes around. It was used by a guy who
      made windsor chairs. Anyone know what it's called and/or who sells
      something like that?

      Thanks,
      Ulrich

      Craig R. Pierpont