New members and...

  • baronconal
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 6:15 PM
      Hey! we have some new members of the group
      that I don't know...

      How about some introductions?
      Who are you?
      What are you working on?
      What do you want to be working on?
      What have you done in the past?

      Got pictures to share? Put them up on the
      group's homepage...

      ... so that we all can see...

      For the SCA members out there... Pennsic is
      coming soon. What do you have planned? Or what
      do you need help with?

      Tell others about this resource. The more members
      we get the more useful this group could become....

      Conal
    • Fred Newtz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15 10:00 PM
        Well, I guess I am obviously a new member here. I have limited
        experience working with wood, but I have done my fair share. Mainly
        carpentry type stuff on the house. My grandfather loved working with wood
        and he built several toys for me and was working on a line of bracelets that
        he was turning on the lathe before he died in 1986. Now I have acquired his
        equipment and would like to put them to good use.

        I have always been interested in medieval type stuff and thought this
        would be a good place to find some old wood working techniques or just some
        wood working plans that will fit the styles I like. I have cut down some
        trees in the backyard to give some light so I can plant a small vegetable
        garden. I fell bad already for cutting down the trees, so I wanted to
        atleast turn them in to some furniture. Or other items that I can use. And
        some items for my wife. :-)

        Thanks,

        Fred