[Fwd: [SCA-AS] Spiffing up your Pennsic (Lillies, Gulf, Estrella, GWW, etc...) Encampment]

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2004
      As long as we are discussing furniture in the following post
      I might note here that a couple of years ago I had some out
      of copyright articles on Medieval English Chests sent to
      Jack Thompson of the Caber Press so he could reprint them as
      they were very detailed on construction of some of the many
      chests, and that they covered about five centuries if you
      include the pictures of highly ornate chests
      included from the second article in the back. They came with
      rubbings of the carvings from the first article so you could
      duplicate them. I don't profit from the sale of the books, but
      they were too good and useful not to reprint as I have found the
      constructional details nowhere else in the hundreds of books on
      woodworking I own. If you are interested in the
      modestly priced book of about 110 pages plus the rubbings contact
      tlc@... . He also has one on Ancient Locks and Keys
      including some medieval examples, a bibliography on further sources,
      and various books on medieval leather articles, inks, hornworking,
      etc. All are reasonably priced.
      Jack C. Thompson
      Thompson Conservation Lab.
      7549 N. Fenwick
      Portland, OR 97217

      503/735-3942 (voice/fax)
      tcl@...
      http://home.teleport.com/~tcl/ 1/03
      http://www.teleport.com/~tcl/
      http://home.teleport.com/~tcl/caber.htm 1/03

      http://home.teleport.com/~tcl/CaberPress_web.pdf

      Also Norm Larson of Norm Larson Books reprinted The Mastermyr Find:
      A Viking Age Tool Chest from Gotland for $18 plus $2 shipping within
      the U.S.A. (Elsewhere would differ). This is the largest find of
      medieval tools in context and includes woodworking, metalworking,
      jewelry, and cooking tools (a Cauldron and a folding hanging fishgrill)
      as well as details of the chest itself and its lock.
      Norm Larson Books,
      5426 E. Hwy 246, Lompoc, CA 93436.
      Fax 805-735-8367, Ph 800-743-4766
      Postage is $2 for first book
      plus $.50 for each additional book to a maximum of $5.00
      larbooks@...

      Master Magnus Malleus, OL, SCA; Manx; Regia.org; Great Dark Horde
      *** Please do not repost to usenet newsgroups ***
      Your local elist, be it kingdom, canton or shire, or friends are
      fine. Reason: newsgroups tend to have spam robots stripping them
      for addresses and often very argumentative people.
      This would include the Rialto - rec.org.sca.
      You may reprint anything I send for local newsletters.

      Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon may feel differently.
      Contact her if in doubt.