Metal Treatment

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 9:18 AM
      The traditional way to seal metalwork (how traditional
      I'm not sure) is to brush it with linseed oil while
      it's still hot. The hinges on the box their Middle
      Magesties keep between the thones (the one with the
      cut work) are treated this way.

      Avery
    • Ron Jachim
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30 12:40 PM
        I've tried on seven hinges of three designs, and I'm unable to get a
        consistant finish. Anybody live near Detroit and want to show me how
        to do this? I must be getting the steel too hot or not hot enough.

        Ron

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Avery Austringer