My favorite 'ax'

  • windsingersmoon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2004
      I ordered a cool-looking ax many years ago. (about 15 or 16)
      by the time I got a steady fella in my life, and an Sca-one at that,
      it came about that he happened to see my 'ax' He asked about it. I
      bragged on how 'wonderful' it was......he was impressed........next
      he wanted one like it for his very own.......
      We searched.
      The place I'd gotten mine no-longer sold them.
      We could not find any other place that did.
      Tonight I went to my Mom's to watch 'Colonial House' and she had
      some odds and ends of catalogs to share.
      I flipped through one.
      Low-and-behold....There was 'my' ax!!!!
      $28.50
      Japanese Hand Ax # 11P23.06
      It looks like a Medieval bearded ax.
      It is a pure JOY to work with !!!!
      You can slide your less useful hand right up behind the ax head, and
      spread the fingers of your working hand across the face of the ax
      behind the cutting edge, and have all this wonderful control
      for 'shaving' with...it is Very sharp and has a great balance and
      weight to it....I have a number of other axes......but none to
      compare with this one.
      Shara (ps, you can find it at :http//:www.garrettwade.com)