Re: [MedievalSawdust] Conals Stacking chests

  • Wolfram Troeder
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004
      Hi,
      I have some german books about late medieval chests and would like to build
      according to their drawings.
      I have done some woodworking and have contacts to a semiprofessional
      woodshop that I can use on weekends.
      For chest A, in german "Seitenstollentruhe", I have some experience and for
      chest b, in german "Frontstollentruhe", I hope I can do with the plans of
      the books and some photos I have taken.
      NTL I have to look for clamps and perhaps hinges. IIRC chest a comes
      sometimes with wooden hinges.

      Will be back later with sizes.

      BTW Has someone experiences with a gunners chest, small to medium sometimes
      painted chest, with a roof top. Sources? Paintings? Documented plans?

      Tassilo