Midlaurel Arts and Sciences links pages . Mideast Textiles

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2004
      http://www.midlaurel.com/wsnlinks/

      This has apparently succeeded the Atlantian site for
      Arts and Sciences links up-to-date [according to what
      I hear].

      The Atlantian A&S site was the best in the SCA
      for years until it changed hands and the new folks are
      apparently slow to update or add to it. I am told the Midrealm
      folks began with the Atlantian site and updated all the links
      and deleted those that no longer work. I'd continued to
      update the Atlantian page maintainer but I keep hearing things
      haven't been added much.

      Karen Larsdatter did an amazing job with the Atlantian A&S
      pages for years. I passed her every good link I found.
      Sometimes it's a shame when great people leave one office for
      another. She won the first Sable Spider Award in the SCA
      for her webpages.

      http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/

      SCA Main Arts and Sciences page run by Greg Lindahl/Master Gregory Blout

      From various sources:

      http://www.lib.umich.edu/area/Near.East/Textiles/Textiles.html
      It is a textile bibliography that is broken down by topics and locations
      - this one specialized in near and mid-eastern.
      PBS network May 26 - Empires: Japan: Memoirs of a Secret Empire
      Historical Documentary about the Edo period.
      Available from http://www.pbs.org/ as a DVD too.
      http://www.pbs.org/empires/
      http://www.pbs.org/empires/japan/

      and:
      Colonial House series - 1628 - just slightly out of period.
      http://www.pbs.org/wnet/colonialhouse/
      Airing May 17, 18, 24, 25, 2004 from 8-10pm on PBS.

      Magnus