Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: beds

  • Nick Estes
    Message 1 of 56 , May 11 4:04 PM
      You may also want to mention that even when you're using a good hardwood
      to make your bedwrench, it pays to take notice of the grain! If you're
      not familiar with the wood you're using, ask the helpful folks at the
      lumber yard. I have two bed wrenches made from the same wood, and I
      learned the hard way which one was aligned wrong with the grain! On the
      bright side, the rope was _very_ tight and comfortable to sleep on once I
      finished it with the other bedwrench.

      --Aylwin

      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 1, 2004
        Ladies and gentlemen,
        I am looking for references on the inside of panel chests. Would you
        please look into your collective memory and see if you have any photos
        you could share or recall any references.

        I'm attempting to document the proper amount of effort that should be
        applied in cleaning up the interior. Did medieval artisans spend time
        and effort finishing the interior beyond making sure that there were no
        snags to rip fingers or contents?

        Will