Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: beds

  • Johann Friedrich
    Message 1 of 56 , May 11, 2004
      Tensioning the ropes is easy.. if you have the right tools. All you need
      is a bed wrench (giant clothspin with a "T" handle), and a couple wedges
      (tapered dowels), and that parts easy. You just have to make sure you use
      decent wood if you are making the bed larger. I have a queen size that I
      built out of pine, and the sides bow in a little, and the wood warped a
      little too much causing a blowout of one of the corner posts, but nothing
      structurally damaging. Of course it was meant to be a learning project,
      not one to last forever. =-)

      Ken Bowley yahoo@...
      AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 1, 2004
        Ladies and gentlemen,
        I am looking for references on the inside of panel chests. Would you
        please look into your collective memory and see if you have any photos
        you could share or recall any references.

        I'm attempting to document the proper amount of effort that should be
        applied in cleaning up the interior. Did medieval artisans spend time
        and effort finishing the interior beyond making sure that there were no
        snags to rip fingers or contents?

        Will