RELIQUARY BOX?

  • Lord Alessandro dEste
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      Good Gentles, my lady, Giovanna d'Este, has set upon a venture to make
      a name for herself in something other than cooking and hat making. She
      hopes to complete a small reliquary box for regional A&S next year.
      She wanted me to ask ye of all knowledge a question or two on the subject.

      {1} What kinds of joints were used in such small boxes?
      {2) What kind of hinges would have been used?

      She would also be interested in source books and websites.
      I am sure that with the wealth of knowledge in this group she will be
      well supplied with sources.
      She thanks all in advance for all or any help that she recieves.
      IYS
      Alessandro d'Este
      Barony of Sternfeld
      MK