Re: [medievalsawdust] Bowsaw questions.

  • jrwinkler@msn.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2002
      True… and there is one known example of a pushsaw (at least one I know of) from 13th (?) c. England… but the Mastermyr saw and the one mentioned above aren't bow type saws but rather metal body saws if I recall correctly…   I was speaking specifically to bow/turning saws…  shoulda' been more clear…

      Chas.
      To the best of my knowledge there aren't any existing examples of EARLY saws…  at least none that I've ever heard of.

      Not so both hack-saw and saw/saw-blade were found in the Mastermyr find dated to the viking age 1000+ AD See "The Mastermyr Find ISBN: 0-9650755-1-6

      James Cunningham