RE: [medievalsawdust] Looking for titles

  • C N Schwartz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 5:39 PM
      I have no idea. I just know I was an underbidder for it at the last tool
      auction I went to. I have to get it for that reason alone, sadly. I avoid
      ebay for the same reason. I get bidder-madness.

      From: C N Schwartz [mailto:kjworz@...]

      Moxon for juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust after period

      History of Woodworking Tools shows promise but I haven't seen it up
      close
      for long enough. Need to get it myself.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 7:24 PM
        Gary Halstead (Ranulf) has an exhaustive bibliography, much of it
        annotated, at his excellent website:
        http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/books.htm

        For tools specifically, his recent CA pamphlet is very helpful and also has
        a good bibliography.

        (I'm guessing you don't mean"primary sources" in the academic/research
        meaning - basically it refers to surviving objects from the
        period. Descriptions and illustrations from the period are "secondary
        sources" and modern books are "tertiary.")

        Cheers,
        Colin