RE: [medievalsawdust] Looking for titles

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
      Are you talking about W.L. Goodman?

      It's kind of dated. Plus, he jumps all over the place. Wherever he can
      find an artifact.

      Will

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
        I have no idea. I just know I was an underbidder for it at the last tool
        auction I went to. I have to get it for that reason alone, sadly. I avoid
        ebay for the same reason. I get bidder-madness.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2004
          Gary Halstead (Ranulf) has an exhaustive bibliography, much of it
          annotated, at his excellent website:
          http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/books.htm

          For tools specifically, his recent CA pamphlet is very helpful and also has
          a good bibliography.

          (I'm guessing you don't mean"primary sources" in the academic/research
          meaning - basically it refers to surviving objects from the
          period. Descriptions and illustrations from the period are "secondary
          sources" and modern books are "tertiary.")

          Cheers,
          Colin