Re: Woodworkin Supply Stuff

  • windsingersmoon
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31 11:44 PM
      Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
      carving tools from for around 25 years. As reasonable as anyone,
      and better than most. GOOD service. Reasonable shipping costs.
      Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
      Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
      earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
      Shara

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
      > I get new stuff from catalogs. Highland Hardware and Lee Valley
      and occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days. McFeeleys for
      screws. Woodcraft is fun to browse. If the catalog house has an
      online ordering system I go there first. Garret Wade is also
      pretty, but useless to me for anything other than porn.

      > Oldtools... I have sources....
      >
      > I don't have a call for many more than the occasional esoteric
      tool. I'm done. A few more of THIS period type tool and my shop is
      complete.

      > --
      > -Chris Schwartz
      > Silver Spring, MD

    • Chris Larsson (Hrelgar)
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        I would think the links page would make more sense. There are already
        a few there.

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scott Lane <scotty@o...> wrote:
        > I think he missed the point of posting them in the Database at:
        >
        > Aodhfin
      • Dragano Abbruciati
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          Does Woodcarvers Supply have a web site?  Where are they in Florida?

          Dragano

          windsingersmoon <asa.wood@...> wrote:
          Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
          carving tools from for around 25 years.   As reasonable as anyone,
          and better than most.   GOOD service.   Reasonable shipping costs.
          Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
          Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
          earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
          Shara

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
          > I get new stuff from catalogs.  Highland Hardware and Lee Valley
          and occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days.  McFeeleys for
          screws.  Woodcraft is fun to browse.  If the catalog house has an
          online ordering system I go there first.  Garret Wade is also
          pretty, but useless to me for anything other than porn.

          > Oldtools... I have sources....
          >
          > I don't have a call for many more than the occasional esoteric
          tool.  I'm done.  A few more of THIS period type tool and my shop is
          complete.

          > --
          > -Chris Schwartz
          > Silver Spring, MD

        • windsingersmoon
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            http://www.woodcarverssupply.com
            Englewood, FL
            Had their catalog handy as I'm getting ready to place an order for
            some books and assorted flexcut blaeds to go with my Flexcut travel
            pack.
            Hugz
            Shara

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Dragano Abbruciati
            <dragano_abbruciati@y...> wrote:
            > Does Woodcarvers Supply have a web site? Where are they in
            Florida?

            > Dragano
            >
            > windsingersmoon <asa.wood@e...> wrote:
            > Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
            > carving tools from for around 25 years. As reasonable as anyone,
            > and better than most. GOOD service. Reasonable shipping costs.
            > Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
            > Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
            > earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
            > Shara

          • Dragano Abbruciati
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
              Thanks, Shara.   Hmmmm...Need to plan a little side trip next time I go to Fort Myers!