Woodworkin Supply Stuff

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
      Seeing people posting places they go for tools and
      stuff got me to thinking - rather than have these
      things burried in the messages somewhere, why not post
      them on the group site?

      Avery
    • kjworz@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
        I get new stuff from catalogs. Highland Hardware and Lee Valley and occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days. McFeeleys for screws. Woodcraft is fun to browse. If the catalog house has an online ordering system I go there first. Garret Wade is also pretty, but useless to me for anything other than porn.

        Oldtools... I have sources....

        I don't have a call for many more than the occasional esoteric tool. I'm done. A few more of THIS period type tool and my shop is complete.

        --
        -Chris Schwartz
        Silver Spring, MD
        > Seeing people posting places they go for tools and
        > stuff got me to thinking - rather than have these
        > things burried in the messages somewhere, why not post
        > them on the group site?
        >
        > Avery
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott Lane
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
          I think he missed the point of posting them in the Database at:

          Aodhfin

          >I get new stuff from catalogs. Highland Hardware and Lee Valley and
          >occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days. McFeeleys for
          >screws. Woodcraft is fun to browse. If the catalog house has an online
          >ordering system I go there first. Garret Wade is also pretty, but useless
          >to me for anything other than porn.
          > > Seeing people posting places they go for tools and
          > > stuff got me to thinking - rather than have these
          > > things burried in the messages somewhere, why not post
          > > them on the group site?
        • windsingersmoon
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
            Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
            carving tools from for around 25 years. As reasonable as anyone,
            and better than most. GOOD service. Reasonable shipping costs.
            Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
            Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
            earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
            Shara

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
            > I get new stuff from catalogs. Highland Hardware and Lee Valley
            and occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days. McFeeleys for
            screws. Woodcraft is fun to browse. If the catalog house has an
            online ordering system I go there first. Garret Wade is also
            pretty, but useless to me for anything other than porn.

            > Oldtools... I have sources....
            >
            > I don't have a call for many more than the occasional esoteric
            tool. I'm done. A few more of THIS period type tool and my shop is
            complete.

            > --
            > -Chris Schwartz
            > Silver Spring, MD

          • Chris Larsson (Hrelgar)
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
              I would think the links page would make more sense. There are already
              a few there.

              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scott Lane <scotty@o...> wrote:
              > I think he missed the point of posting them in the Database at:
              >
              > Aodhfin
            • Dragano Abbruciati
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                Does Woodcarvers Supply have a web site?  Where are they in Florida?

                Dragano

                windsingersmoon <asa.wood@...> wrote:
                Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
                carving tools from for around 25 years.   As reasonable as anyone,
                and better than most.   GOOD service.   Reasonable shipping costs.
                Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
                Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
                earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
                Shara

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
                > I get new stuff from catalogs.  Highland Hardware and Lee Valley
                and occasionaly Woodworkers Supply, these days.  McFeeleys for
                screws.  Woodcraft is fun to browse.  If the catalog house has an
                online ordering system I go there first.  Garret Wade is also
                pretty, but useless to me for anything other than porn.

                > Oldtools... I have sources....
                >
                > I don't have a call for many more than the occasional esoteric
                tool.  I'm done.  A few more of THIS period type tool and my shop is
                complete.

                > --
                > -Chris Schwartz
                > Silver Spring, MD

              • windsingersmoon
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                  http://www.woodcarverssupply.com
                  Englewood, FL
                  Had their catalog handy as I'm getting ready to place an order for
                  some books and assorted flexcut blaeds to go with my Flexcut travel
                  pack.
                  Hugz
                  Shara

                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Dragano Abbruciati
                  <dragano_abbruciati@y...> wrote:
                  > Does Woodcarvers Supply have a web site? Where are they in
                  Florida?

                  > Dragano
                  >
                  > windsingersmoon <asa.wood@e...> wrote:
                  > Woodcarvers Supply in Fla. is the main place i've been getting
                  > carving tools from for around 25 years. As reasonable as anyone,
                  > and better than most. GOOD service. Reasonable shipping costs.
                  > Now and then I get a book or a couple of tools from Highland
                  > Hardware...oh, and that Japanese Razor Saw, I mentioned preferring
                  > earlier...Highland now calls it a Ryoba saw.
                  > Shara

                • Dragano Abbruciati
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Thanks, Shara.   Hmmmm...Need to plan a little side trip next time I go to Fort Myers!