woodworking tools

  • Omer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004
          Just down the road from me is a woodworkers dream store.  They have an online store.  Seeing ya'll talk of woodcraft (also one close by) thought I would send a link to Highland.  Their store is far and away better than woodcraft for our type of woodworking.    They do have it all.

    • Dragano Abbruciati
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
        Ooooohhh...   Aaahhhh...  Pretty!!

        Omer <omer77@...> wrote:
            Just down the road from me is a woodworkers dream store.  They have an online store.  Seeing ya'll talk of woodcraft (also one close by) thought I would send a link to Highland.  Their store is far and away better than woodcraft for our type of woodworking.    They do have it all.

      • windsingersmoon
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
          You live near Highland ?????
          Oh, I haven't been there in ages !!!!

          It IS a cool store !!!!
          (very expensive, but boy what a toyshop !!!!!)
          Still, it's where I/we bought the Japanese Razor saws that we
          absolutely swear by (!) i.e. I WILL NOT use another saw, having
          become so spoiled by this one....
          They also have Sheffield steel scrapers that are actually affordable.
          Just got new catalogs from them a couple of days ago....already
          circling a wish-list to go shopping there with some time after
          Fool's War.
          I'm way over-due to go shopping in/for new toys...uh, tools.
          Shara

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Omer" <omer77@c...> wrote:
          > Just down the road from me is a woodworkers dream store. They
          have an online store. Seeing ya'll talk of woodcraft (also one
          close by) thought I would send a link to Highland. Their store is
          far and away better than woodcraft for our type of woodworking.
          They do have it all.

          > http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/
        • Omer
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 4:52 PM
            If you are coming from out of state or some remote area let us know and
            we will arrange a visit of some nature. Maybe a day trip to the fort we are
            trying to restore. We also do not need much reason to venture over to
            highland.

            Omer
            > (very expensive, but boy what a toyshop !!!!!)
            > Still, it's where I/we bought the Japanese Razor saws that we
            > absolutely swear by (!) i.e. I WILL NOT use another saw, having
            > become so spoiled by this one....
            > They also have Sheffield steel scrapers that are actually affordable.
            > Just got new catalogs from them a couple of days ago....already
            > circling a wish-list to go shopping there with some time after
            > Fool's War.
            > I'm way over-due to go shopping in/for new toys...uh, tools.
            > Shara
            >

            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Omer" <omer77@c...> wrote:
            > > Just down the road from me is a woodworkers dream store. They
            > have an online store. Seeing ya'll talk of woodcraft (also one
            > close by) thought I would send a link to Highland. Their store is
            > far and away better than woodcraft for our type of woodworking.
            > They do have it all.
            > >
            > > http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • windsingersmoon
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 8:11 PM
              Oh, I'm 'in' the state...just barely.
              one of the last few exits at the West end of I-20.

              We'll be over in the Atlanta area, Knight's Inn (Naturally) on South
              Cobb Dr. sometime next month (May) as Hastar has Lasic (sp) eye
              surgery schedualed at Emory then.......would love to get together,
              time permitting, either the day before, of, or after, the surgery.
              We could secure our room for a couple of nights, and then go where-
              ever, time and traffic allowing. We understand the surgery doesn't
              take very long, his appt. is for 1-ish. Regardless of when...we'd
              Love to see the fort!!!

              I went to a mundane woodcarvers meeting (whittlin' gathering) and
              took my best piece and my next best piece to work on, and a (Celtic-
              knotwork)finished door-frame from one of my new Viking 'houses' for
              show-in-tell.....and there were a number of new guys, plus my 2 best
              (sca) student/apprentices there.....Actually the mundane group is
              getting kinda used to having sca folks there....there's been as many
              as 5 or 6 or so at assorted times......the sca did a talk and demo.
              for the Shriners recently (the head is a mundane woodcarver) and
              they were So impressed they invited our local group to come to their
              July picnic and Not bring food....just to come and be their guests
              as a thankyou/appreciation type thing. Personally, I'm going.

              Write me privately and we can try to arrange something, with phone #
              exchanges etc.