Re: [medievalsawdust] New Toy

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
      --- "Brian D. Murphy" <bmurphy@...> wrote:
      > That's a lovely shave horse. I'm on the verge of
      > starting one myself. Is your dumbhead a single
      > piece of wood, or did you stack?
      >
      > Bran

      It's stacked red oak. all the pieces except
      the pegs are from stuff I've been stashing
      away until they spoke to me and told me what
      they wanted to be.

      I've got to take out the screws and replace
      them with dowels, but I didn't have any the
      right size.

      They oak was leftovers from a oak table that
      was made in a shop that I worked in for a church
      in Fla. I didn't make the table myself, I made
      this really neat lectern out of red heart and
      maple ( I wish I had pictures....)

      =====

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
    • James Winkler
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002

        NICE TOY!!!  Durn'  that looks 'almost' too pretty to use…  but then, we all know that not using a tool like that would be criminal don't we?  Winking smiley emoticon   Sweet work Conal…