Re: [medievalsawdust] New Toy

  • Brian D. Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
      That's a lovely shave horse.  I'm on the verge of starting one myself.  Is your dumbhead a single piece of wood, or did you stack?

      Bran

      Bran Du ap Dafydd

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
        --- "Brian D. Murphy" <bmurphy@...> wrote:
        > That's a lovely shave horse. I'm on the verge of
        > starting one myself. Is your dumbhead a single
        > piece of wood, or did you stack?
        >
        > Bran

        It's stacked red oak. all the pieces except
        the pegs are from stuff I've been stashing
        away until they spoke to me and told me what
        they wanted to be.

        I've got to take out the screws and replace
        them with dowels, but I didn't have any the
        right size.

        They oak was leftovers from a oak table that
        was made in a shop that I worked in for a church
        in Fla. I didn't make the table myself, I made
        this really neat lectern out of red heart and
        maple ( I wish I had pictures....)

        =====

        http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002

          NICE TOY!!!  Durn'  that looks 'almost' too pretty to use…  but then, we all know that not using a tool like that would be criminal don't we?  Winking smiley emoticon   Sweet work Conal…