Re: [medievalsawdust] and now for something....

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
      I had a website marked that had how to build a trestle table, but stage
      style. Unfortunitely I lost the bookmark. Basically, you faked the ends
      and top by 2x6s wrapped in 1/4in plywood so they had a hollow core

      --------------
      XXX XXX
      --------------

      Something like that. It was to make it light enough to move about a stage
      in a play with ease. size didn't make it a lot heavier. Just be careful to
      make sure you support it correctly.

      Hmm, Thats not a bad thought, I wonder if I could build one before Pennsic.
      I am looking to dress the campsite up. No, not this year I guess, too much
      on the plate already. Maybe next year.

      I was thinking of building a trestle table for my dining room. But for
      thinkness and size laminating 4 2x10s togther for each leg. To do it that
      way rip one of the 2x10s in half and overlap joints to create a 4x20 to cut
      out the ends with.

      xxx xxxxxx xxx
      xxxxxx xxxxxx

      Gives you strength and period size, but oh the weight. If I do this the
      table will NOT go with me to events.

      >Anyone have a lightweight, cheap to build,
      >easy to build trestle table plan? Need to
      >build two for meals at Pennsic...
      > ( and 4 benches )

      Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to be at Pentamere A&S??

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
        > Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to
        > be at Pentamere A&S??

        We'll be at coronation.....

        I really need to update my webpage
        I've got a really nice trestle table