Re: start a discussion?

  • Jim Hart
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2002
      nice range of answers.....

      Just so you know this was just a
      general question I'm not looking
      for an answer specific to one time
      period or type of item.

      but it looks like the general answer
      is

      '.....It depends.....'

      Conal
    • Ted Kocot
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2002
        > If something is to look period it would have been recently made. Perhaps
        > with a little wear but definitely not "antiqued".

        Recently is a word that can mean a lot of things. There are pieces of
        furniture in England that are still in use after 500 years. Relative to
        that no piece of Arts and Crafts furniture is old, but I'd say it all
        looks old.

        The question is, what year do you think it it? What year was the piece made?

        Avery