BOOKS

  • Mark Flebotte
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26 10:53 AM
      My company Black Castle Industries Inc. manufactures oilfield equipment, one of our divisions is a small publishing department that prints all forms, manual etc needed inhouse and for a few outside groups. We have decided to begin publishing a limited number of bound books.

      A while back someone mentioned the german book 'Germanischer Holzbau der Wikingerzeit, 1942 by M.V. Rudolph', we have just finished negiotating the rights to re-print this book (but in english) from the owner of the original rights to the book.
       I am currious how many people would be interested in a copy of this book ?
      Our current plans are to have them available for early 2005, as it will be at least 10 months for the translation. We expect the final price to be between $30-$40 Canadian (thats $22-$29 US).  We are also looking at purchasing the rights to other books that some people on this list may find interesting, I'll forward a complete list once all negotiations are complete.

      Mark Flebotte

    • Gary Halstead
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27 1:08 PM
        I'm interested.

        Ranulf

        Mark Flebotte wrote:

        > My company Black Castle Industries Inc. manufactures oilfield equipment, one of our divisions is a small publishing department that prints all forms, manual etc needed inhouse and for a few outside groups. We have decided to begin publishing a limited number of bound books.
        >
        > A while back someone mentioned the german book 'Germanischer Holzbau der Wikingerzeit, 1942 by M.V. Rudolph', we have just finished negiotating the rights to re-print this book (but in english) from the owner of the original rights to the book.
        > I am currious how many people would be interested in a copy of this book ?
        > Our current plans are to have them available for early 2005, as it will be at least 10 months for the translation. We expect the final price to be between $30-$40 Canadian (thats $22-$29 US). We are also looking at purchasing the rights to other books that some people on this list may find interesting, I'll forward a complete list once all negotiations are complete.
        >

        > Mark Flebotte
      • marc adkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27 5:00 PM
          I am interested
          What would be the rough price and at his stage it can be a very rough idea
          Wilhelm von Winkleried
          Mark Flebotte wrote:

          > My company Black Castle Industries Inc. manufactures oilfield equipment, one of our divisions is a small publishing department that prints all forms, manual etc needed inhouse and for a few outside groups. We have decided to begin publishing a limited number of bound books.
          >
          > A while back someone mentioned the german book 'Germanischer Holzbau der Wikingerzeit, 1942 by M.V. Rudolph', we have just finished negiotating the rights to re-print this book (but in english) from the owner of the original rights to the book.
          >  I am currious how many people would be interested in a copy of this book ?
          > Our current plans are to have them available for early 2005, as it will be at least 10 months for the translation. We expect the final price to be between $30-$40 Canadian (thats $22-$29 US).  We are also looking at purchasing the rights to other books that some people on this list may find interesting, I'll forward a complete list once all negotiations are complete.
          >

          > Mark Flebotte

        • Mark Flebotte
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            $30-40 canadian
            Mark Flebotte wrote:

            > My company Black Castle Industries Inc. manufactures oilfield equipment, one of our divisions is a small publishing department that prints all forms, manual etc needed inhouse and for a few outside groups. We have decided to begin publishing a limited number of bound books.
            >
            > A while back someone mentioned the german book 'Germanischer Holzbau der Wikingerzeit, 1942 by M.V. Rudolph', we have just finished negiotating the rights to re-print this book (but in english) from the owner of the original rights to the book.
            >  I am currious how many people would be interested in a copy of this book ?
            > Our current plans are to have them available for early 2005, as it will be at least 10 months for the translation. We expect the final price to be between $30-$40 Canadian (thats $22-$29 US).  We are also looking at purchasing the rights to other books that some people on this list may find interesting, I'll forward a complete list once all negotiations are complete.
            >

            > Mark Flebotte

          • Tracy
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
              > I am currious how many people would be interested in a copy of
              this book ?
              > Mark Flebotte

              I would be interested in such a book also, please...pretty please...

              Oengus.