Re: [medievalsawdust] and now for something....

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2002
      http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/feather/109/id17.htm

      is one, but I did have a nice article on making a more period one, let me do
      some further research though my files.

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
        I had a website marked that had how to build a trestle table, but stage
        style. Unfortunitely I lost the bookmark. Basically, you faked the ends
        and top by 2x6s wrapped in 1/4in plywood so they had a hollow core

        --------------
        XXX XXX
        --------------

        Something like that. It was to make it light enough to move about a stage
        in a play with ease. size didn't make it a lot heavier. Just be careful to
        make sure you support it correctly.

        Hmm, Thats not a bad thought, I wonder if I could build one before Pennsic.
        I am looking to dress the campsite up. No, not this year I guess, too much
        on the plate already. Maybe next year.

        I was thinking of building a trestle table for my dining room. But for
        thinkness and size laminating 4 2x10s togther for each leg. To do it that
        way rip one of the 2x10s in half and overlap joints to create a 4x20 to cut
        out the ends with.

        xxx xxxxxx xxx
        xxxxxx xxxxxx

        Gives you strength and period size, but oh the weight. If I do this the
        table will NOT go with me to events.

        >Anyone have a lightweight, cheap to build,
        >easy to build trestle table plan? Need to
        >build two for meals at Pennsic...
        > ( and 4 benches )

        Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to be at Pentamere A&S??

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
          > Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to
          > be at Pentamere A&S??

          We'll be at coronation.....

          I really need to update my webpage
          I've got a really nice trestle table