Period style nails

  • Anthony Craft
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
      Quickie question ...

      Any suggestions on where to get period style nails? Which
      have better prices and which places have better quality?
      I'm building some travelling/camp boxes and am currently
      using some well made hand forged ones I purchased from a
      smith. Trouble is he was in a small town outside the
      Stratford Shakespeare Festival (in Ontario ... I live in
      Detroit), and am interested in getting a hold of some more.
      Your thoughts and comments?
      --
      THL Sgt. Iain Ruadh
      Pentamere Region, Midrealm

      "His troops would follow him anywhere ...
      but only out of curiosity!"

      www.pentamerefreecompany.com
    • Brian D. Murphy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
        I'll be interested in the answer to this question too, if you get other responses.  So far, the most likely looking source I've found on my own is Lee Valley Tools.  Check out:

        Anyone else?

        Bran

        Bran Du ap Dafydd
        http://www.stcarol.org

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
          Try leevalley.com

          or Rockler Woodworking ( I dont'
          know their address... )

          --- Anthony Craft <treeweasel@...> wrote:
          > Quickie question ...
          >
          > Any suggestions on where to get period style nails?
          > Which
          > have better prices and which places have better
          > quality?
          > I'm building some travelling/camp boxes and am
          > currently
          > using some well made hand forged ones I purchased
          > from a
          > smith. Trouble is he was in a small town outside
          > the
          > Stratford Shakespeare Festival (in Ontario ... I
          > live in
          > Detroit), and am interested in getting a hold of
          > some more.
          > Your thoughts and comments?
          > --
          > THL Sgt. Iain Ruadh
          > Pentamere Region, Midrealm
          >
          > "His troops would follow him anywhere ...
          > but only out of curiosity!"
          >
          > www.pentamerefreecompany.com

          =====

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • unclefox2001
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14 1:43 PM
            I just joined so sorry about jumping in so late.

            I buy my nails from http://www.tremontnail.com/. They have a great
            selection and supply places like Rockler.

            Thoron

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Craft