Cap Irons Video

  • Hall, Hayward
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2013

      I cant remember if I found this on the list or while digging around, but it’s pretty interesting.  Shows the effect of cap irons in chip breaking.  Some of you will be geeky enough to watch the whole thing like I did.  Interesting the conclusion that you can still mitigate tearout w/o a chip breaker if you simply reduce the cutting depth.

      http://vimeo.com/41372857

      Guillaume

    • Broom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013
        Guillaume, I respectfully disagree. Whether you're geeky or not, you should watch this whole video. ;)

        It really changed the way I will use the cap iron on my planes.

        http://vimeo.com/41372857

        ' |   Broom        IAmBroom @ gmail . com
        ' |   cellphone:             412-389-1997
        ' |   923 Haslage Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
        '\|/  "Discere et docere", which means:
        '/|\  "Dames are put on this earth to weaken us, drain our energy,
        //|\\ laugh at us when they see us naked." - Danny Vermin