workbench cabinet

  • Jerry Harder
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2013
      I found this image and several similar:
      http://www.wga.hu/art/g/galle/philip/workshop.jpg
      Note the front one has a drawer on the end and the left one to the rear
      is inclosed but you can't tell if there is doors or shelves on the side
      the men are working from.
    • bsrlee
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2013
        Interesting. I see they have both cube and truncated pyramid style
        stools (for want of a better description) with quite fancy cutouts, not
        just a simple cyma reversa. Looking above the customer haveing her
        portrait done I see something that looks vaguely like a 'tailor's glass'
        - a glass ball shape filled with water, used to concentrate light -
        perhaps that is also true here, being used to emphasise the lighting
        from the large leaded window.

        regards
        Brusi of Orkney