and now for something....

  • baronconal
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
      completely different..

      Anyone got anything to talk about?

      Anyone have a lightweight, cheap to build,
      easy to build trestle table plan? Need to
      build two for meals at Pennsic...
      ( and 4 benches )

      Conal
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2002
        http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/feather/109/id17.htm

        is one, but I did have a nice article on making a more period one, let me do
        some further research though my files.

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      • Dan Baker
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
          I had a website marked that had how to build a trestle table, but stage
          style. Unfortunitely I lost the bookmark. Basically, you faked the ends
          and top by 2x6s wrapped in 1/4in plywood so they had a hollow core

          --------------
          XXX XXX
          --------------

          Something like that. It was to make it light enough to move about a stage
          in a play with ease. size didn't make it a lot heavier. Just be careful to
          make sure you support it correctly.

          Hmm, Thats not a bad thought, I wonder if I could build one before Pennsic.
          I am looking to dress the campsite up. No, not this year I guess, too much
          on the plate already. Maybe next year.

          I was thinking of building a trestle table for my dining room. But for
          thinkness and size laminating 4 2x10s togther for each leg. To do it that
          way rip one of the 2x10s in half and overlap joints to create a 4x20 to cut
          out the ends with.

          xxx xxxxxx xxx
          xxxxxx xxxxxx

          Gives you strength and period size, but oh the weight. If I do this the
          table will NOT go with me to events.

          >Anyone have a lightweight, cheap to build,
          >easy to build trestle table plan? Need to
          >build two for meals at Pennsic...
          > ( and 4 benches )

          Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to be at Pentamere A&S??

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2002
            > Hey Conal, my lady said to say HI! Are you going to
            > be at Pentamere A&S??

            We'll be at coronation.....

            I really need to update my webpage
            I've got a really nice trestle table