A 16th c Folding Table

  • Helen Schultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29 6:26 PM

      Hey, folks… this web site was just posted on the Midrealm A&S Facebook page…  way cool.  Wish they had better photos of how it is constructed, though <sigh>.

      http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-the-collections/467708?img=0

      ~~ Katarina Helene

    • Sean Powell
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30 4:16 AM
        Sorry. I was at the Met 2 weeks ago and spent more time in the armor room then with furniture. When I'm home this weekend I'll see if I can find any older pictures from previous trips.

        From what I remember the construction is exactly what you would assume from the pictures. The front are linnenfold panels set in frames, the frames support half arches and the text. Those 2 halves have an integral pin up and down to move on. The sides are molithic and inset into the feet. I don't recal anything about the back but it appears open. The hinges run the full length of the table-tops to prevent cupping and warping.

        If I can get into the city again in the next month or 2 I'll try to take more shots for you.

        Symon/Sean