Reprint of 'Before the Mast'

  • bsrlee
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 2, 2013
      Oxbow books/David Brown have just announced on their blog that they are
      reprinting 'Before the Mast' for the Mary Rose Trust, and are accepting
      pre-orders at a discounted price. This is good news for most re-enactors
      as it covers woodware as well as clothing, food and all the minutae from
      the Mary Rose wreck including the largest single group of accurately
      dateable chests found to date.

      regards
      Brusi Of Orkney
    • Ralph
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 4, 2013
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, bsrlee <bsrlee2@...> wrote:

        > I did a bit of digging around the Oxbow site. The Pre-order discount is
        > 20% - 48 pounds instead of 60.
        >
        > Also, the new edition is being bound as 2 parts like 'Weapons of Warre',
        > which makes it much easier to handle and should contribute to the
        > longevity of the book, my old one volume copy is getting somewhat loose
        > in the binding.

        Actually everyone I know, that has a copy, reports the copy is falling apart(mine included). Really bad binding for a book that wasn't cheap.

        Ralg
        AnTir