Looking for a Stanley Block Plane

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013
      Greetings, all.

      I just bought a toothed blade for a Stanley #9-1/2 block plane, but
      found that it doesn't fit the 9-1/2 I currently have. It seems that
      Stanley did a re-design and the new ones use a different blade and
      adjusting mechanism, and are designated with the part number 12-138.
      These are readily available, but the retail price is around $80, and I
      really didn't want to spend that much.

      Do any of you folks know of a reliable used-tool emporium that you've
      used in the past for this sort of thing? I don't care how bad the plane
      looks, as long as it's functional, and I don't even need it to have a
      blade. The used tool guy I used to have in Sacramento retired a few
      years ago, and so I'm stuck.

      Johann von Drachenfels
      West Kingdom