Re: Woodworking Safety Day

  • Ralph
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2013
      I suspect most of us learned a few "lessons" woodworking, since I started making sawdust very young (12 or 13), some lessons came early. Or why my left hand (the one "holding" the wood) has scars from saws, chisels etc, and I made fewer mistakes when I went to power tools in my late teens.

      My wife just started wood-working in the last couple years, so she is taking her "lessons" later in life.

      Ralg
      AnTir
    • K
      Message 2 of 9 , May 18, 2013
        sorry I'm late,
        sharp tools are safer than dull ones (9 stitches to prove it 32 years ago)
        Hide or elevate the sharp tools when the small ones show up (4 yr old w/ an axe... would not be good)never ever cut directly at your hand/arm/leg with anything.
        It is almost impossible to disembowel yourself with a drawknife.. but quite easy to cut your leg, arm or hand with one handles poorly.
        have fun, keep cutting.