RE: [MedievalSawdust] trestle table

  • Gary 'Hal' Link
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
    Some where around I have sketches and photos of about 20 different styles of trestles. The photo is of the style I settled on for its ability to brake down. The original that I had seen in York came apart into a front A frame and the top cross and back leg mortised and tendon to form an L shape. The two pieces half slot together. I have since modified the back leg so it to is removable for easy set up and take down, with a through tendon. I'll try and find my sketches and photos to post later.

    In Service
    Hal

    To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
    From: LordRhys@...
    Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:44:34 -0500
    Subject: [MedievalSawdust] trestle table

    Anyone got a link or two to the medieval 3 leg sawhorse style tables?

    -Rhys

  • Dan Baker
    Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
      very nice Master Hal, I would love to see the pics of the 20 different ones.  I am designing a fold up table made of plywood. Since edges will be banded, I am looking for a design that makes that fairly easy.  These are the parameters I am working with

      Here is the parameters I set for my table
      1: Seat 6
      2: no obvious modern hardware when set up (like catches hanging loose)
      3: under $100 preferable $120 top end
      4: one person to handle move and setup

      5: period at first glance. The last one had period shape but looked.. off
      6: no loose parts to store when setup, ( darn lost the..)
      7: small enough to transport, longest dimension 36"
      8: NO TOOLS to setup
      9: easy to make with minimal tools, ie circular saw and a couple chisels (tablesaw still easier)
      10: simple plans to share with my friends
      11: must hold 200+ pounds

      [Attachment(s) from Gary 'Hal' Link included below]

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: LordRhys@...
      Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:44:34 -0500

      Anyone got a link or two to the medieval 3 leg sawhorse style tables?

      -Rhys

    • Mike Foley
      Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
      Hi all, Mike here .
       I have a break down table design,  It is 5 foot by 23 inches on the top, 2 legs assemblies and  one spreader bar.
      Easy set up by one person. See  Attachment
      Anyone wanting more info give me an email.
       Yours
       Michael of Fetburg, SCA
      Mike Foley
       Manteca Ca.