trestle table

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
      Anyone got a link or two to the medieval 3 leg sawhorse style tables?

      -Rhys
    • kirli_meryem
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
        I built a set for an A&S competiton.

        My documenation / build / plan drawings can be found here

        http://www.maryostler.com/wood-stuff/table-trestles/

        Please excuse the spelling errors and grammar weirdness. I struggle with English a lot!

        Cheers
        HLS Kirli Meryem / Mary Ostler
        Lions Gate / Tir Righ / An Tir
      • Gary 'Hal' Link
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
        Some where around I have sketches and photos of about 20 different styles of trestles. The photo is of the style I settled on for its ability to brake down. The original that I had seen in York came apart into a front A frame and the top cross and back leg mortised and tendon to form an L shape. The two pieces half slot together. I have since modified the back leg so it to is removable for easy set up and take down, with a through tendon. I'll try and find my sketches and photos to post later.

        In Service
        Hal

        To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
        From: LordRhys@...
        Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:44:34 -0500
        Subject: [MedievalSawdust] trestle table

        Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
          very nice Master Hal, I would love to see the pics of the 20 different ones.  I am designing a fold up table made of plywood. Since edges will be banded, I am looking for a design that makes that fairly easy.  These are the parameters I am working with

          Here is the parameters I set for my table
          1: Seat 6
          2: no obvious modern hardware when set up (like catches hanging loose)
          3: under $100 preferable $120 top end
          4: one person to handle move and setup

          5: period at first glance. The last one had period shape but looked.. off
          6: no loose parts to store when setup, ( darn lost the..)
          7: small enough to transport, longest dimension 36"
          8: NO TOOLS to setup
          9: easy to make with minimal tools, ie circular saw and a couple chisels (tablesaw still easier)
          10: simple plans to share with my friends
          11: must hold 200+ pounds

          [Attachment(s) from Gary 'Hal' Link included below]

          To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
          From: LordRhys@...
          Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:44:34 -0500

          Anyone got a link or two to the medieval 3 leg sawhorse style tables?

          -Rhys

        • Mike Foley
          Message 5 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
          Hi all, Mike here .
           I have a break down table design,  It is 5 foot by 23 inches on the top, 2 legs assemblies and  one spreader bar.
          Easy set up by one person. See  Attachment
          Anyone wanting more info give me an email.
           Yours
           Michael of Fetburg, SCA
          Mike Foley
           Manteca Ca.