Re: [MedievalSawdust] Bone box glue

  • Jerry Harder
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15 11:15 PM
      As to boiling down the skins, I scraped all flesh off and all scales off.  The skins shrink down to looking like they should be from a fish in a gold fish bowl instead of the pan fish they were, then they were taken out and the collagen water reduced down at the lowest temp possible -about 140-170 deg F.

      On 4/12/2013 10:54 AM, Hall, Hayward wrote:

      After rendering, do you let the fish glue harden and break it up into chunks for later use? Or do you have to keep it wet? Basically you just boil down the skins?

      I wouldn't mind making some of that at Lilies...