Ostrya

  • Jerry Harder
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013
      Anyone out there familiar with Ostrya?  Apparently the same as hornbeam or hophornbeam.  I am looking for a very sound 8inX8in X24in. hartwood to make a crane in trolly frame per Agricola 1556.  6X7X20 might work but I want as much as possible to work with.  This would come from about a 15 in dia log.  Try googleing for pics.   Images for ostrya

      Master Gerald Goodwine