Re: [MedievalSawdust] Froe

  • Don Bowen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
      On 2/27/2013 8:42 PM, bsrlee wrote:
      > If you are living out of the cities you likely have a auto graveyard
      > somewhere around that you can get a leaf spring for the effort of
      > collecting it.

      I collect steel when I find it. I checked my pile last night and I have
      two spring sets that may work well. I do live in the country on my own
      44 acres of woods.

      --
      Don Bowen AD0BR
      "A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8 11:05 AM
        color me mildly jealous ;)

        And Lehman's - the "Amish" catalogue company - has a froe for a reasonable price that seems to work adequately. Although I have to admit I have managed to put a bit of a twist in it working with largish chunks of pretty gnarly oak.