Re: cane other two pics

  • Stu
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hi, given the cane came from California and what it looks like, I'd say it was Arundo donax. You can wiki its characteristics, the height depends on the soil it is in though. The stuff is originally Mediterranean, but was dragged all over the world as it is so incredibly useful. To me, that is the ideal type of cane for wood wind instruments from early clarinets to bagpipes. I'd love to try playing with some of it. Mind if I contact you off list about this?

      Aleyn Wykington O.L.