posted pics

  • Jerry Harder
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      From Brusi of Orkney's help I was able to post some photos of the
      barrel-tumbler the tread-wheel ran last summer. When I push the add now
      button it appears to do nothing but eventually tells me yahoo timed
      out. When I go there the photos are there, but am I doing something wrong?
    • bsrlee
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        If the photos are getting there then you are NOT doing anything wrong.

        For those of us like me, with Ante Diluvian connection speeds, we get a
        progress bar come up - or at least we used to, I haven't posted anything
        to Yahoo groups for a while. If your connection is fast enough or the
        file is small enough, you probably don't get the progress bar and
        eventually Yahoo's site software thinks you have fallen asleep waiting
        for it, gets bored & goes off to play solitare. If there is a progress
        bar or some other indication of success it may be coming up in a
        backgroup window that goes away after a few seconds (another pet hate of
        mine) before you get a change to notice it.

        A simple check on this is to open a second browser window while you have
        the upload window open, and have a look at the group's home page - it
        will have a bar that says 'Z new posts - X new files - Y new photos' at
        the top centre near the word home. You can just go straight to the new
        photos by clicking on the 'new photos' text, which is also a button -
        unfortunately that does not work the same for 'files', it just takes you
        to ALL the files, not just the new ones.

        You may also have noticed that Yahoo's site software also automatically
        reduces the size of all photos that you post, regardless of how small
        the photo was to start with, another pita 'feature' that we have come to
        live with. At least you are not posting everything to a site that
        requires you to create an 'account' with all your personal details (and
        a pint of blood).

        regards
        Brusi of Orkney