Glue treatise as PDF

  • Jerry Harder
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
    I use open office. Here is my treatise on medieval glue as a PDF. For
    those of you who have been interested I would like some feedback. I
    tired to make sure that everything is clearly documented as well as
    completely presented. For what we do, it is important that the original
    basis-that is the translations of the original material, go along with
    and be readily available and compared to the current new and original
    research. Although I have completely documented the work that is from
    others, I think I run a fine line on copyright issues, mostly because
    there is so much of it. The medieval originals would be OK but not
    understandable to us only English speakers. The translations which are
    technically the same "thoughts" but in the English words which is what
    we are after for our educational purposes, are what fall under
    copyright. And doing my own translation of the same original- wouldn't
    that say the same thing or be a lessor more amateur version of what a
    professional has already done? I have is a writing style here that puts
    the necessary information directly in front of the reader and it is my
    feeling that any less and the writing falls way short short of the
    intended purpose. Copyright concerns are why I don't do more writing.
    Why write if I can't convey what I want to say and then put it in some
    sort of publishable format. I am open to any help YOU the interested
    readers might be able to give me.