Wooden Screw Thread update (link to pictures)

  • Peter Ellison
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2013
      I have finally figured out how make pictures and some text visible.

      I dropped them on a blog:
      http://scawoodprojects.woodpress.com/

      A couple of posts that show the tooling and post that shows the final output mounted in a "Moxon Vice".

      Overall the project was a success, if you want to see them in person I'll have them an an SCA event in Minnesota in Feb. 9th I'm teaching a class (teaching is a strong word, sharing what I learned would be a better term).  Also I'll be teaching a workbench class and a structural analysis class on cathedrals.

      So at this point since I have made all of the screws that I will need for a while, still need to make a nut for a leg vice in a new workbench that is in process.

      Moral of the story, if you want a vice screw, pay a nice person to make you one.  If you like adventure and think wood screws are really cool this is a doable project it just takes time.

      Peter
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2013
        Your link has a pretty funny typo!