Re: 2 methods of build a coffer

  • karincorbin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
      You can also do a modified approach. Build the basic framing as one unit. Then make the cuts to separate it but don't completely cut through all the sides. Leave a several inches long tab of wood in the center of the sides to hold the domed top in place.

      Put your curved pieces on the top. Then finish the separation of the top and bottom by sawing through the tabs.

      Karin